April is World Autism Awareness Month. Please support our SWFL PADLS water safety training program for Autistic & Special Needs kids
buys you a ticket to WIN a week-long stay at the Olas Bravas Surf Cabanas in Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica … Value = $700 (no expiration date)!! Benefits our
PADLS Program - Persons w/Autism or Disabilities Learn to
Swim! Help us help these kids with their #1 cause of death
under the age of 15!
The Florida Helps Foundation is dedicated to supporting the development and growth of non-profit businesses and to raising funds for our own PADLS Program. We work to improve business set-up, execution and management for start-up entities and established non-profits alike.
We are proud to be raising funds to sustain & grow our water safety instruction programs for autistic and special needs kids in the Southwest Florida region. Drowning is the leading cause of death in the US for these disadvantaged kids, particularly in Florida with our large number of open water sources (beaches, lakes, canals, etc.) and with a large number of backyard pools. Our PADLS Program (Persons w/Autism or Disabilities Learn to Swim) is a fun, supervised and targeted instruction program specifically designed for these challenged kids and hosted at local community pools. With PADLS, we will drastically expand swimming proficiency and significantly reduce drowning deaths among autistic and special needs kids! Our Pilot Program is the Cape Coral Yacht Club Community Pool. Future funding permitting, we plan to expand to other community pools in Lee, Collier and Charlotte counties and then across Florida!
We also "Help U Help Others" by providing a wide variety of services, tools and support for non-profit formation (State and IRS approval), management consulting, fundraising support, financial analysis and control, grant resarch and writing, etc. We also have significant experience with planning, organizing and running fund raising events such as large music festivals, silent auctions, celebrity chef dinners, etc. Our Flagship annual music, arts, and fun festival is the Fort Myers Beach BACK BAY BASH, held this year on Sat., Nov 14th at Bootleggers Waterfront BBQ!
You can also work thru our Foundation as a surrogate to provide your Donors & Sponsors with full IRS deductibility for their gifts while getting access to our suite of skills, services and tools for event planning and execution. We look forward to "Help U Help Others"!
- Florida Helps ... Drowning prevention for Autistic & Special Needs Kids
- Florida Helps ... Fort Myers Beach Kids Soccer Club & Little League
- Florida Helps ... The SWFL Clean Water Movement
- Florida Helps ... Raise funds for friends with Cancer
- Florida Helps ... VA Hospital Employee's Kids
- Florida Helps ... Management of Non-Profit Orgs (Experienced to Start-ups!)
We are an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) non-profit organization* incorporated in the State of Florida (Tax ID #45-2651770). We are also proudly a service disabled veteran-managed small business.
* Per the IRS Tax Code, a donor will NOT be allowed to take a charitable deduction for a donation of $250.00 or more unless he or she has obtained a receipt from the charitable organization. You can deduct donations up to 50% of your net income. Please see IRS Publication 1771 (Charitable Contributions – Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements) for more information.